As we reported earlier in the week, the State of Wisconsin Building Commission was scheduled to consider a series of requests that would set the stage for approximately $3M in repairs/improvements to the Milwaukee Mile. Those requests were heard this afternoon, and unanimously approved in both the Subcommittee meeting and Full Commission meeting.
With the Commission’s approval, the repair/improvement projects should move ahead according to schedule. Construction will tentatively start in March 2023, with final completion occurring in July.
These repairs/improvements are largely safety related as the track prepares to host more events in the future, including the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series on Sunday, August 27th, 2023.
Specific areas of repair/improvement include:
- Replacing expired components of the existing barrier impact wall system
- Installing new stretches of barrier impact wall
- Replacing existing turf with asphalt
- Modifications to existing pedestrian and vehicle gates
- Installing new energy absorbing sand barrels
- Repairing concrete bases of the existing outer catch fence system